Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What are you passionate about?

I've always considered myself a passionate person. Andy and I were going somewhere in the car the other day when I started talking and stressing about work (an unfortunate common thing for me) and he asked if I was still passionate about the things I used to be passionate about.

I had to really think about it for a few moments. I used to be passionate about a few things...but am I still? Do I live that way?

I mean, sure, I live like one's salvation is important, and so is holy living, etc...but what about those homeless guys I used to care about? What about social justice? What about....the other things that I used to get so excited about?

Am I still passionate?

I tend to get caught up in the day-to-day non-sense and grumble about it. Satan is a trickster...he had me, but no more! When thinking about my new appointment there are lots of things to get me off track but they really aren't worth it.

I want to live a missional life and not waste my time stressing about things that aren't worth my energy.

Mrs. Castillo said it best, "focus on Christ...not the Christians!" That's the best advice I think I have ever been given.

What are you passionate about?

No comments: