Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ode to Farmers Market

After we moved here I looked into shopping at a farmers market like I did when I lived in Philadelphia. Then I got busy. And then it got cold.

The weather got warm again but I've been working an insane amount of time. I've been averaging a trip to the supermarket every three weeks. A trip to the farmers market hasn't been a high priority until today.

I made the decision that if Andy and I are going to eat better and support regional farmers I need to invest the time and go to a farmers market. I did.

I realized how much I miss shopping at a local farmers market. All of the produce is fresh. There was a lot of variety and I bought some really great things. They have just about everything I normally buy with a few exceptions like Andy's cereal.

I'm excited to eat them. So is Andy.

Yay for the farmers market! I'm looking forward to going back again soon.

No comments: