Sunday, April 25, 2010

Reflections of life

I have to admit that I am tired. Very tired.

Working so much and spending so much time in the car is definitely taking its toll on me. Add to that the nearly non-existent time I have with Andy and the emotionally draining work that I do and at the end of the day I could just be bitter and worn out.

But I'm not. I'm tired, but I'm not dead.

I am blessed beyond belief and am so extremely thankful for the provision, the love, and the mercy that God gives me every single day of my life.

This weekend we had a youth retreat and I had to drive A LOT to pick up my kids and take them to this retreat. Truth be told its been quite exhausting.

As I was driving down to Warner Robins to pick them up on Friday I was reminded of a time when I was a kid sitting in the back of the van excited about a trip to youth councils. I was reflecting about how much I was loved and cared for and about how much fun I had learning about God with other kids my age. Someone spent many hours in a van taking me to and from several youth councils.

Now I am that person and I am thankful for the privilege I have to do it for other young people. My prayer is that these experiences will transform their lives like it did for me.

God continues to amaze me and bless me. Thank you, God, that you have chosen me to do your work!

No comments: