Friday, January 2, 2009

Too much butter?

I have been very busy. The time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is very hectic for the work that I do. I haven't forgotten about this blog or about the commitment I have made to my health, I just haven't been writing about it.

A comment was made to me this past week about how much butter I use. The comment wasn't meant to be hurtful but the truth is that the comment did hurt my feelings, probably because of who said it.

Why do I let these things get to me? I felt almost silly explaining the situation to my fiance after it happened, but it really hurt my feelings, but why?

As if that weren't enough we went out to dinner the next night and were having bread before the meal came and she picked up the butter and placed it next to me stating that I should just hold on to it since I use most of it. Ouch!

I don't necessarily make New Year's resolutions but if I did I think it would be to use less butter. And to not be so sensitive.

No comments: