Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Eraser

I've been filling in teaching the Commissioner's Bible class for the past few weeks and have been thoroughly enjoying it.

Last night, with excellent discussion, I made some notes on the dry erase board.

This morning when I came into work I attempted to clean the board only the markings wouldn't budge. And then it hit me.....I USED A PERMANENT MARKER!!! Sure enough I went and grabbed the marker I used last night and it was a permanent red marker. The casing of the marker (made by Pentel) is EXACTLY the same as the dry erase board markers that I have. I am that fool that used the permanent marker on a dry erase board.

Thanks to google I quickly learned that if you trace over the permanent marker with the correct dry erase marker it all comes off the board. Shytacia is doing that as we speak and I am THANKFUL. (Did I mention it's a really nice dry erase board, two-sided, on wheels, that I borrowed from the clinic here in the building?).

What a perfect opportunity for an object lesson...sometimes we think our sin is permanent, but Jesus can erase it away!

John 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

No comments: