Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Blessed

Today was a good day. I worked very hard and am extremely tired, but I'm happy. God is so good and I am appreciating how blessed I am.

I've been in what Andy is calling a "nesting" mood lately. I'm knitting our baby a sweater and blanket (pictures to follow), have been on a cooking/baking spree, and have decided to re-decorate our apartment. I bought a few things to decorate the baby's room and have rearranged pictures everywhere else.

We went on a date on Saturday night to see a movie. I'm not a big movie theater fan but it was exactly what I needed. I ate way too much popcorn, but we had an enjoyable time. I love him.

We had some friends over for a cookout on the 4th of July followed by fireworks at my office. The building is a great location to watch the main fireworks in downtown Atlanta. It was a nice, relaxed time. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Oh yeah, I cooked and baked for that, too!

Andy came to help me with mid-week chapel tonight at the Center. We sang several praise and worship songs and had an extended prayer time. It was such a blessing to hear several of the men just open their hearts and pray. It's amazing to me how God can use and work through anyone--anyone. We had drug dealers, drug addicts, ex-convicts, pimps, and otherwise shady characters BEFORE grace pouring their hearts out to God. I love it. He is STILL redeeming people.

Anyway--I'm blessed and so thankful.

No comments: