Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Unexpected Blessings?

I have been contemplating about how I could be healthier both physically and spiritually in the new year.

I planned out our menu for dinner at home for the month in an attempt to make sure that we are eating healthier at home.

I started using a new Bible study tool and am studying with that at night while I do my devotions in the morning.

I will not only go to the gym, but will make an effort to build at least one relationship with someone at the gym.

Lofty goals to attain?

Yesterday was going to be the first day this all started. Until I went to the gym first thing in the morning, before doing my devotions--mistake number one.

The water fountain at the gym exploded one week ago today. I remember it because I was there when it happened. I haven't been back since (we did travel in that time) and I went yesterday morning only to find out that the wiring for all of the machines in the wellness center (one huge room) has been damaged. It's closed until they can re-wire the entire room. =NO GYM

I came home, thanked God for the blessing and had plenty of time to do my devotions with the resolve that I would attend the spinning class, held in a different room, later that night.

I received a phone call that a friend was coming to spend the night. We made arrangements for it earlier last month but I thought it was a different day. We were glad that she was here, but again.= NO GYM

I made shrimp stir fry for dinner and since the whole gym plan was blotched yesterday I decided I would drink coke with dinner instead of juice or water. None of us could get the cap off of the soda! It was on there so tightly that I eventually gave up.= NO SODA

Today is a new day full with possibility. I had a lovely time in my devotions this morning. Let's see what today brings!

No comments: