Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bible Study

The first week of re-focused goals has gone well. I'm sore from the gym, eating has gone fairly well, and devotion and Bible Study time is going well. Praise God for a week on the right track!

It's funny how your prayers are really answered at times. I have been praying for a few years for God to give me a genuine love of His Word. I didn't grow up in a Christian home and while I was very involved in my neighborhood church we didn't study the Bible a lot. We learned about Bible stories and had lots of programming, but we never really had in-depth Bible study that I could attend or that was available.

I knew going into seminary that one of my weakest subjects/areas would be Biblical knowledge. I wanted to know it and I wanted to study it, but I felt so discouraged about it. I began to pray about it as I began to study.

The truths in the Word of God excite me! There are so many treasures to be found and so much to learn. I love it! In Sunday School today I even had the opportunity to use my Biblical Hebrew. Now if I could only find someone to read Hebrew with me on a semi-regular basis...a prayer yet to be answered.

The preacher today began a sermon series on Titus (which is a difficult letter to preach through) and at church tonight a different preacher began a series on James (one of my favorite books). I have been studying Genesis in my private Bible Study time and the Sunday School material that I am responsible for at work is studying Daniel. That's a lot of Bible, and while it may be a little too much to really sink in at once, I am grateful for it!

Thank you, LORD, for giving me the freedom and the opportunity to study YOUR word. Now help me to live it!

No comments: