Saturday, September 27, 2008

Exercise!

I worked out yesterday and it felt good!

It felt so good that now I am sore! I did it again--I made myself sore without intending to do so. I don't like to overdo it, but this is the second time I have this week.

Some times we can "over do" things for God. Our zeal can be misplaced. It reminds of a story that is told about a pastor who had a member of his congregation who was very excited about telling people about Jesus. The man was a barber and as he lathered up a man in his chair he came at him with the razor and asked "are you prepared to meet your God?" The man freaked out and ran out of the barbershop with the lather still on his face.

We need to be careful about how we approach things, whether when we exercise or tell people about our faith. We don't want to scare people away and we don't want our muscles to be sore.

1 comment:

- said...

I agree with you that we need to be careful not to overdue our workouts. But, soreness is not necessarily a bad thing! Check out my post on my blog called Comfortable Fitness.