Monday, September 22, 2008

The Daniel Fast

I am fasting for spiritual break through. I have done the Daniel fast once before a couple of years ago and I was truly blessed as a result.

The Daniel fast comes from the book of Daniel in the Old Testament when Daniel refused to eat the food and drink the wine that the king had for him. He asked for permission to drink only water and to eat only vegetables instead. At the end of the fast Daniel (and his three friends who also participated in the fast) was healthier and stronger than the other men. This was a testimony to the goodness of God. As a result God gave him "knowledge and intelligence" (Da 1:17).

I want to focus on the things of God and I want to honor God with my body (1 Cor 6:20). I am now exercising consistently, doing devotions, and eating in a healthy manner.

May this continue...

Today is DAY ONE of the 21 day fast...

No comments: