Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ode to Ikea

I picked up Shytacia from Warner Robins the other day to come and hang with us our last week in Atlanta. On the drive up to Atlanta I asked what she wanted to do this week besides what we already had planned.

She said she wanted to go to Ikea again.

The last time she was here I was buying things for the baby's nursery before he was born and we had dinner at Ikea and had fun walking through the showroom and goofing off. I had nearly forgotten about it. The more I thought about it the more it made sense to me.

I asked her what she liked about Ikea so much and she told me she liked the happy bedroom sets and home set-ups. How simple, yet beautiful.

She doesn't come from a nice home at all and I understand where she is coming from.

Today we went to Ikea for dinner and did our goofing off walk through and got to include Elijah this time. We daydreamed about all of the room set-ups and picked our favorites for us and for those we love most dearly.

It was a great time.

Thank you, LORD, for the ability to dream and have fun in the simplest of things.

No comments: