Tuesday, May 22, 2012

For Thy Mission

Lyrics of songs have really been speaking to my heart lately. I guess I don't have the words to express but others do and I like to use them. I am looking forward to being someone's corps officer and loving on them in a few short weeks.

In chapel this morning we sang this song:

Thou hast called me from the byway
To proclaim thy wondrous love;
Thou hast placed me on the highway
That to all men I may prove
There is mission in my living,
There is meaning in my word;
Saviour, in my daily striving
May this message yet be heard.

For thy mission make me holy.
For thy glory make me thine,
Sanctify each moment fully,
Fill my life with love divine.

Have I lost the sense of mission
That inspired my early zeal,
When the first of thy commission
Did my dedication seal?
Let me hear thy tender pleading,
Let me see thy beckoning hand,
Let me feel thee gently leading
As I bow to thy command.

LORD, release that latent passion
Which in me has dormant lain;
Recreate a deep compassion
That will care and care again.
Needy souls are still my mission,
Sinners yet demand my love;
This must be my life's ambition,
This alone my heart shall move.

-Brindley Boon

No comments: