Saturday, January 14, 2012

New Believers "section"

Elijah and I made a voyage to the Christian bookstore tonight to buy a few large print Bibles and a couple of other books for a few of the men at the Center.

We ended up not buying any large print Bibles. They are ridiculously priced. Christians must be an easy crowd to rip off.

I was speaking with an employee in the store and mentioned that I am looking for something for the merger between science and Christianity (we've recently had an agnostic get gloriously saved and he's looking for something to read) and something to help a new believer for another man in the program.

He told me about their "new believers" section and began to lead me to this "section" in the back of the store.

In the very back of the store, to the right of the choir robes, on the bottom right hand side of the shelf was a sign that had fallen over that read "new believers." This "section" had a total of five books--three of them were the same book in different sizes (which I bought).

Glad to see that new believer material is selling well. That 1/4 of a shelf in a big book store spoke volumes to me tonight. We need new believers.








No comments: