Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Andy is great.

The good news is that our baby is here--perfectly beautiful and healthy.  We are those new parents who take pictures every minute it seems like--well, at least Grandma is taking pictures every minute. :-) I'll put some up when I have some time...

I labored for 50 hours. I am thankful that it's over.

Andy is truly great. Over the past week I've learned how blessed I am to have him. He has been completely supportive, helpful, and loving. He is great with the baby--very hands on--and is great with me. He has been taking care of the both of us. I've realized how well we work together as a team and how much I simply love him. We are a happy family, albeit exhausted with a newborn, but happy.

Other than changing diapers, feeding him every 2-3 hours, and trying to rest there isn't much else going on.

Mommyhood so far is good.

Yay for love.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

So happy for you guys!! He is so beautiful! Mommyhood is great, isn't it! The first two weeks are hard but its gets better and Elijah will get on a schedule ( I didn't think it would ever happen with Elly) Anyway! So happy for you guys! When you get a chance send me a message tell me how you are and I'd love to hear about your labor...sorry it was so long and not as you "planned"
Blessings to you three :)