Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Life this week

So I ended up going to a Spinning class that night last week that I wrote the blog. It was quite an enjoyable class.

This week is quite a different story. I am on the road again for work and am staying in my little house in the mountains in Georgia. There is no gym here and it happens to be surprisingly too cold to do any exercise outside. So I find myself sitting for a week. I also don't have control over the selection of my meals, so I need to be really careful.

On a brighter note I know that I am making some progress. My body fat has decreased .2% and I have lost three pounds (one pound each for the past three weeks). So despite the fact that it will probably all come back this week, I am thankful for seeing the little progress. I need to focus on the positive. In the meantime, if I don't see (or really feel) more progress over about the next month I am going to go shopping and buy some bigger jeans. My pants are all tight on me and uncomfortable.

I started a new Bible Study/ devotional book. I started the "Jesus" series by Beth Moore and so far I have been really blessed. I tend to be one of those people who reads the Bible and has questions about what I am reading. I don't just believe blindly a lot of times and I like to think about it. I am still in the beginning of the study and it has a lot to say about Mary's pregnancy, which has always been one of the questions I have had--did it really happen exactly like that? How does the Holy Spirit "come upon" (Lk 1:35) someone like that? How did she know? Why did Gabriel come to her when she was all alone? What made her highly favored? etc. It's a good study and I am being blessed by it.

This week I will just have to spend more time focusing on my spiritual life and put the physical stuff on hold for the week.

Thank you, LORD for this reminder of time needed to be spent with you.

No comments: