Monday, September 14, 2009

Stairmaster

My new gym has a Stairmaster. It has been a few years since I have ventured onto one of these machines.

I was on it for ten minutes and it felt like I was exercising. While I was in graduate school I used to love the Stairmaster and would listen to some exciting music and workout on that thing for a good twenty to thirty minutes. It would excite me. Not so much anymore!

The Stairmaster is a good component of a cardio workout because not only is it cardio, but it helps to build muscle mass. I've also heard it said that working out on the Stairmaster helps one to lose body fat faster. Both of these are good benefits in addition to burning some calories.

The Stairmaster is on the second floor of the gym in front of a very large window which left me with the oppotunity to people watch. Watching people come and go from the parking lot wasn't as interesting as I expected so I began to look around and I noticed a tent city for homeless people under some large trees just beyond the fence on the side of a hill. It was interesting to see and it isn't the first one I have seen here in Atlanta. Next week I will check to see if they are still there when I get my climb on once again!

No comments: