Saturday, September 12, 2009

Ode to Spinning!

I haven't gone to a Spinning class since I was in graduate school. Today was the first one and I am feeling it! It felt really good to be with a group of people who were hardcore about exercising. It was a good class and I liked the instructor.

The thing I enjoy about Spinning is that it is different from other workouts and from other group exercise. You use almost all of your muscles in your body, it isn't boring, and you keep moving. By the time I climbed off of that bike I felt like I exercised. I also enjoyed using the bike to stretch. Those stretches felt so good!

Spinning is a cardio workout that increases and decreases tension, is done sitting and standing on the bike, and is low impact. In addition it burns a lot of calories. I love the intensity of it.

I am looking forward to the next class!

No comments: