Sunday, August 29, 2010

Atlanta Track Club Half-Marathon training begins...

Yesterday was the first run with the ATC for the half-marathon....12 more weeks to go!

I did well. I ran with the novice group (4 miles) and was in the fastest group which was a fluke because I am not a fast runner. It was a success.

What happened to not be a success was that we weren't allowed to wear headphones. They gave us a nice speech about how many deaths are caused each year by runners wearing headphones while they run. Boo.

So I had some time to think about things. Normally I organize what I have to do for work (workaholic symptoms) or think about other things that I have to get done at home.

Yesterday I was stuck thinking about something else. Something that is really sad, devastating, and heartbreaking. The more I thought about it the more my heart broke over the issue. By the time the run was over and I was in the car driving home I was thankful that I had the uninterrupted time alone with my thoughts and with God.

We all need alone time with God. It's renewing and refreshing. For me, yesterday, it was encouraging.

Thank you, LORD, for the ability to run and to spend time with you while doing it.

No comments: