Friday, May 28, 2010

Update

The last several weeks have been extremely busy. I was in Orlando for a week, then in Warner Robins, camp, Nashville, Atlanta, Warner Robins, etc. I haven't been home a lot.

One of the most difficult things when not being home is that I don't have a lot of control over my schedule. It makes it more difficult to eat right, work out consistently and I have no time with Andy.

This is all going to change in about a month and I am looking forward to it. I am really going to look into joining the rock climbing gym, making it to the farmers market, and being home in time to have dinner with Andy.

I was at the gym one day this week and I began to ask myself why I workout. I mean I look the same whether I workout or not. Granted I've stopped gaining weight, but I haven't lost any either. What's the point of it?

Then I was reminded that exercising is good for me and it allows me a stress relief outlet. Going to the gym is the one thing I do for me and not for other people. I enjoy it and I enjoy going by myself.

When Andy and I first got married we did devotions together for awhile. Lately, since our schedules are so different, we don't do them together but we still pray together. I am realizing that my devotional time comes before my gym time and is my priority. I love the time I spend in the morning in prayer even if it means I have to get up a few minutes earlier. It's a great way to start the day and it's a great reminder to me of where my focus needs to be.

Thank you, LORD, that you are always there no matter how busy life gets around us.

No comments: