Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Psalm 63 and praise

Psalm 63 is my favorite Psalm. I am going through a difficult time with work right now and this Psalm reminds me to focus on what is important. David wrote this Psalm while he was in the wilderness fleeing from Absalom.

There isn't a lot of time for much of anything after working extremely long days. The frustration, disappointment, and exhaustion are all taking its toll on me. I need to make my time with God a priority. My personal relationship with God will outlast these next three months.Despite the difficult time right now I am going to praise God because He alone is worthy. I know that He will bring us through this.

Psalm 63

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld you power and your glory.
Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
I will praise you as long as I love,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.

My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches on the night.
Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.

They who seek my life will be destroyed;
they will go down to the depths of the earth.
They will be given over to the sword and become food for the jackals.

But the king will rejoice in God;
all who swear by God's name will praise him,
while the mouths of liars will be silenced.

No comments: